NEW HORIZON DEVELOPMENT GROUP
Since 1993, New Horizon has continually proven itself to be a leader in building communities with picturesque settings, where savvy design and high quality craftsmanship provide convenience and comfort. Whether it be custom estates, planned neighbourhoods, or condo developments, New Horizon has been driven to redefine the buyer’s expectations for what a home can be.
New Horizon developments cater to all types of people; from first time buyers defining their independent lifestyle in a town home or stylized condo; to new families looking for a loving home in a planned neighbourhood, to multi-million dollar custom estates for those who want to realize their dream home. Through creative foresight and superior construction, we are committed to building new developments that will benefit the community and provide our clients with the quality spaces and amenities to meet their current and evolving needs.
Each home, community, or condo is distinct – winning admiration among developers by redefining suburban and urban living for residents. New Horizon is continually trying to find ways to further enrich the communities where they develop. Ethical urban development not only means buying and contracting locally, but also ensuring the sustainability of urban planning.
New Horizon’s dedicated team of builders and planners are committed to providing clients with unquestionable quality, style and functionality.
President and co-founder of New Horizon, Jeff Paikin, was born and raised in Hamilton. After receiving his education at Mount Allison University, Jeff returned home in his early 20s to work for his family’s company, Ennis Paikin Steel.
On a number of successful bids for reinforcing steel to be used in high-rise condo construction, office towers, and the SkyDome, Jeff became enamored with the idea of complete design and construction. It wasn’t until 1993 that the dream of New Horizon Development Group became a reality.
Jeff has been active in the Hamilton Halton Home Builders’ Association (HHHBA) for years, serving as its president in 2003. On the national stage, he was a founding member of the Canadian Home Builders’ Urban Council, helping to ensure that the voice of builders in large urban centres was adequately represented. The HHHBA has awarded him the National Roof Topper Award in 2003, the President’s Award of Merit in 2004, and the Paul Wright Memorial Award in 2009.
At New Horizon, his primary responsibilities include land acquisition, product development, marketing and financing of new projects – as well as the coordination of the company’s community involvement.
In 2013, Jeff was named Hamilton Citizen of the Year for his outstanding commitment to the region. The award recognized a host of philanthropic initiatives, including having chaired the Hamilton Halton Home Builders’ Association and being a board member of the Canadian Accredited Independent Schools. Jeff is currently on the advisory boards of the Burlington Performing Arts Centre, and the Joseph Brant Museum.
Vice President and co-founder, Joe Giacomodonato, brings his inexhaustible energy and uncompromising eye for detail to every aspect of his role at New Horizon. Raised in Burlington and now living in Greensville with his wife and three children, Joe’s lifelong love of construction began in the 1980s working on job sites for other builders by day and renovating homes he’d bought himself, after hours. Driven by a desire to do things the right way, he started his own company specializing in new construction, Donato Homes, in 1989.
- OHBA’s Most Outstanding High or Mid-Rise Condo Suite Kitchen (Bridgewater Residences) – 2015
- OHBA’s Best Interior Decorating of a Model Home/Suite up to 2,000 sq. ft. (Bridgewater Residences) – 2015
- HHHBA’s Best Design Centre under 1200 sq. ft. –2012
- HHHBA Environmental Leadership Award – 2011
- HHHBA’s Best Sales Office (City Square) – 2011
- First Ever Canadian Home Builder’s Association Builder of Canada’s Green Home – 2009
- HHHBA’s Best Renovation ($75,0001-$150,000) – 2009
- HHHBA’s Best Exterior on a Home under 2499 sq. ft. (Glenwood, Bungalows on Shadeland) – 2009
- HHHBA’s Best Condominium Apartment 1200 sq. ft. and over (The Beverly, Westwood) – 2009
- HHHBA’s Most Outstanding Exterior on a Home 2500 sq. ft. and over (River Ridge) – 2004
- HHHBA’s Best Product Design: Single Family Home 2950 sq. ft. or more (River Ridge) – 2004
- HHHBA’s Most Outstanding Interior Model Home (River Ridge) – 2004
- HHHBA’s Best Bathroom in a Home under 2499 sq. ft. (Ravines of Headon Forest) – 1998
- HHHBA’s Most Outstanding Exterior on a Home less than 2449 sq. ft. (Fields of Fiddler’s Green) – 1997
- HHHBA’s Best Townhome under 1449 sq. ft. (Fields of Fiddler’s Green) – 1997
- HHHBA’s Most Outstanding Exterior on a Home under 2499 sq. ft. (Fields of Fiddler’s Green) – 1997
- Supporter of the Burlington Community Foundation
- Sponsor for Aldershot Community’s Honour Roll Reception – 2008 – 2015
- Donor of the construction work for both the Literacy Express Railway Car, which provide literacy improvement in a challenged neighbourhood, and the remodeling of old rooms at the Eva Rothwell Community Centre
- Donor of the construction for the Wellwood Cancer Support Centre in Hamilton
- Leader of the annual B’nai Brith Sports Celebrity Dinner for many charities, including MacKids, CityKidz, The Jewish Community Centre, YMCA, Spec Kids Unlimited, Mohawk College, JCC Hamilton, Freeman House, FAB Foundation, Community Child Abuse Council, Serenity Garden at Ronald McDonald House, and more
- Supporter of the Joseph Brant Hospital, Joseph Brant Museum Foundation, and Burlington Performing Arts Centre
- Supporter of the Hamilton Bulldogs Community Foundation and the Tiger Town Council of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The Vendor shall have the right to substitute other products and materials for those listed and outlined or provided for in the plans and specifications provided that the substituted materials are of a quality equal to, or better than, the products and materials so listed or so provided. Colours and specific finishes will depend on Vendor’s package as selected. All specifications, dimensions and materials are subject to change without notice. E.& O.E